WARNING This device is definitely a dangerous thing. This device has not been tested or certified by any regulatory agency for implantation or use inside the human body. Use of this device is strictly at your own risk.
MRI COMPATIBILITY WARNING The xG3 and all magnetic implant products should be removed before any MRI or magnetic imaging procedure. While our x-series transponders have tested as compatible with MRI machines up to 7T field strength, all magnetic products are incompatible with MRI machines and procedures.
The xG3 injectable biomagnet is a world first, three times!
- First we solved the lifespan and robustness problems other encapsulation techniques have (silicone, parylene, etc.) by using our tried and true Schott 8625 bioglass. Our magnetic core is secured with biocompatible resin inside a laser sealed bioglass encapsulate.
- Second it is the only injectable biomagnet in the world that comes pre-loaded in an injection assembly. No other magnetic implants on the market require scalpel and dermal elevator work, and sutures to close after placement. The xG3 is a simple injection!
- Third it is the only biomagnet in the world that is put through a clinically sterile EO gas process! The xG3 has been designed from the ground up for direct and permanent in vivo use. Using 3 special processes – a specialized magnet production process, a precisely controlled glass encapsulation process, and a customized EO gas sterilization process, we are able to make the xG3 biomagnet with the same safe Schott 8625 bioglass coating the rest of our x-series implants use, and sterilize them, all without impacting the magnetic field strength.
xG3 Kit Contents
- 1 sterile injector assembly, pre-loaded with xG3 biomagnet
- 2 single use ChloraPrep antiseptic wipes
- 1 sterile gauze pad for post-installation wound care
- 1 sterile expandable-fabric adhesive bandage
- 1 pair of non-sterile, non-latex procedure gloves
Axial vs Diametric
The xG3 v1 is axially magnetized and is designed to be a jack of all trades type magnetic implant, meant to provide some gentle sensing and discrete lifting capabilities. The xG3 v2 is diametrically magnetized and designed to be used exclusively as a strong lifting magnet.
The axial magnetization of the xG3 v1 means each end of the magnetic core rod acts as a magnetic pole. This makes each end or pole act as a lifting point. It also means that the entire xG3 v1 will react to external magnetic fields by moving up and down lengthwise in tissue, activating tactile nerves as it pushes on tissues surrounding each end of the xG3. The mass of the xG3 design creates a lot of inertia, but not so much that it totally dampens all sensing capabilities.
The xG3 v2 is diametrically magnetized, meaning each side of the magnetic core rod acts as a pole, either N or S. This makes the entire length of the xG3 v2 act a lifting point, imparting more magnetic lines of flux into nearby objects than an axially magnetized rod would. It also means that the v2 will react to external magnetic fields by rotating in place rather than attempting to move inside tissue. Because of this, the xG3 v2 should be purchased exclusively for lifting applications.