The xDF2 NFC chip implant is an ISO14443A NFC Type 4 compliant transponder. It works with NFC enabled smartphones, certain commercial access control systems, various ISO14443A compatible door locks, as well as USB contactless ISO14443A readers. The DESFire EV2 is a very powerful chip, capable of doing much more than simply holding NDEF record data for simple NFC applications. The true utility of this chip is best utilized by programmers and engineers, but there’s also nothing wrong with storing a lot of NDEF data on it either. The xDF2 has enough space you could store a vCard digital business card complete with all your contact information and even a small photo of yourself on this chip with space to spare!
xDF2 Chip Specifications
- 13.56MHz ISO14443A & NFC Type 4 DESFire EV2 RFID chipset
- Full datasheet for the NXP DESFire EV2 RFID/NFC chip
- 7 byte UID and 8K bytes of user read/write memory
- 25 year data retention. Rated for 500k writes per memory block.
- Encased in 3mm by 13mm bioglass with non-toxic epoxy
- Pre-tested and pre-loaded into sterile injection assembly
- No “anti-migration” coating means easy removal/replacement
DESFire EV2 chip specifications include
- Common Criteria certification: EAL5+ (Hardware and Software)
- Optional RANDOM UID for enhance security and privacy
- Mutual three pass authentication
- Mutual authentication according to ISO/IEC 7816-4
- Flexible keys: 1 card master key and up to 14 keys per application
- Hardware DES using 56/112/168 bit keys featuring key version
- Hardware AES using 128-bit keys featuring key version
- Data authenticity by 8 byte CMAC
- Data encryption on RF-channel
- Authentication on application level
- Hardware exception sensors
- Self-securing file system
- Backward compatibility to MF3ICD40: 4 byte MAC, CRC 16
xDF2 Installation kits
The xDF2 kit contains the implant and all the sterile procedure materials required to perform installation.
Please be aware if you're wanting a professional to do the install, there is no need to buy the installation kits. Simply purchase a KSEC Cyborg package of your choosing and select the Cyborg Center for your installation then book in your professional installation.
xDF2 Kit Contents
- 1 sterile injector assembly, pre-loaded with an xDF tag
- 1 single use ChloraPrep SEPP 0.67ml applicator
- 1 sterile gauze pad for post-injection wound care
- 1 sterile expandable-fabric adhesive bandage
- 1 pair of non-sterile, non-latex procedure gloves
All Microchip Implantations take less than 10 seconds with the use of a syringe injection. They take about 2 weeks to heal fully with only around 2 days for the incision to close up. Within 2 months any scaring from the incision will normally disappear.